Boat Trips in Weymouth on Classic Speedboat Thunderbolt in the Bay and along the Jurassic Coast Book your trip now!
Thunderbolt is one of the last 1960’s classic speedboats in operation today. Designed and built by Pearn of Looe, specially for short around the bay rides for up to 9 people. In Weymouth Dorset offering a unique and more personal experience. Trips along the Jurassic Coast as far as Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove, trips out to Portland Bill and in Weymouth Bay itself where there are the occasional dolphins, seals and basking sharks. Thunderbolt is stylish, comfortable and can be fast or more relaxed depending on the trip chosen. Find out more below:
Is a highly qualified and experienced Skipper in various craft, inshore, offshore and trans ocean. Our aim is to make your trip enjoyable, exciting and memorable. Local knowledge of the Jurassic coastal surroundings will add to your experience making not only fun but informative too.
For September 2023, Specials, boat trip times, and to book (scroll down to bottom)
Our Boat Trips:
Boat Trips and cruises in Weymouth Bay and along the Jurassic Coast for up to 9 people:
Day or part day Skippered Charter (various destinations /locations Weymouth Bay, Durdle Door/Lulworth Cove).
Swimming trips part or full day (swimming not for the faint hearted).
NOTE: All trips require 4 seats or more. (Unless whole boat booking)
Short faster trips in Weymouth Bay and Portland Harbour (20 Minutes).
1 1/4 hour + cruise to Durdle Door, or Lulworth Cove.
Cruise to Lulworth Cove - land - 2 hours ashore and return (conditions apply) See 'specials' below
1 hour Weymouth Bay and sealife spotting trip (seals, dolphins etc)
Evening Cruises (see notice board at the boat location) Usually 1 hour July and August only
All trips from Weymouth and include skipper and fuel cost.
- Per full day £750 (9am to 5pm)
- Half day £350 (9am to 2pm or 1pm to 6pm or alternative times and prices agreed)
- Weymouth to Durdle Door (70 Mins) £35 pp/£30 Child (2 - 11yrs)
- Weymouth to (1hr 30min) Lulworth Cove, or to Portland Bill Lighthouse, £40 pp/£30 child( 2-11yrs) (min 4 people)
- Weymouth to Lulworth Cove - land for 2 hours ashore and return (POA, Minimum 4 people, email request to book)
- Weymouth Bay Sealife (1hour ) looking for dolphins, seals and sharks, (minimum 4 People) £30pp/£25 Child (2-11yrs) (min 4 people)
- ‘Round Weymouth Bay fast trip’ approx 20 minutes; £20 pp/£15 child (2-11yrs) (min 4 people)
- Weymouth Bay and Portland Coast; Longer trip 30mins £25 pp/£20 child (2-11yrs) (min 4 people)
- Vouchers - the value of the voucher may not match the current trip price (ie less) you may be asked to 'top up' to the current prices
- Picnic and swimming trip, full or half day tailored to your requirements - POA
NB Cards are accepted; cash or payment link or bank transfers also available.
To book either complete the online enquiry form at the foot of this page or call/txt on 07894 917 570.
Please read the booking conditions and prices carefully and do not make any payments until your booking is acknowledged and confirmed by email.
- All speedboat trips are subject to weather conditions at the time.
- A deposit will be required for all advance bookings; balance to be paid no later than 7 days prior to date of charter
- Vouchers - the value and reference details will be required to make any booking
- Please make payments to Sort Code 40-47-79 Acc No 74450159 and reference them "Tbolt" and your surname
- Bookings made within 7 days of a charter date; the full price is required at time of booking.
- Cancellations – within 7 days of charter date deposit refund, within 24 hours of charter date full price to be paid or alternative booking date offered in either case.
- Bad weather – in the event of bad weather/cancellation a full refund or alternative date will be offered. Notice of bad weather cancellation will be based on forecast conditions as early as possible and at least 24 hours prior to charter.
- Thunderbolt is MCA registered and coded to the required safety standards
- Instructions from the skipper must be adhered to at all times
- All passengers will be required to wear a lifejacket should conditions dictate and stipulated by the skipper.
- All passengers are required to remain seated throughout any trip unless at anchor or the skipper deems it safe to move around the boat.
- The Skipper has the right to refuse boarding to any person judged as unfit or unsafe to make the trip.
- Alcohol is not allowed on board without prior agreement
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted on-board; this may be relaxed for full or half day charters only.
LATEST NEWS/TRIPS/Sept 2023
Operating weekends and some weekdays in September but weather dependent.
Also check out the notice board on the quay for any updates and trip times.
Specials: weather and sea permitting
- Trips to Lulworth Cove via Durdle Door- Adults £40 Kids (up to 11yrs) £30.
Also see other trips and prices above.
If you wish to book please use the booking portal below, or text/email/call. Available seats are taken up as the day progresses, so please call to ensure you get up to date with availability.
If there are three of you or less please inquire anyway as there is always the possibility of others joining in.
NOTE that we must have 4 seats filled per trip as minimum (unless whole boat is chartered)
Posted: 26th Sept 2023, 10 00am
Look out for us near the Lifting Bridge,along Trinity Road,opposite Bennetts Fish and Chips, or why not book using the form below or text or just give us a call!
Thunderbolt Classic Speedboat
Usually 1030am onwards
By the town bridge opposite the Kings Arms
Tel: 07894 917570