Exciting Classic Speed Boat Trips & Charter Book your trip now!
Thunderbolt is one of the last 1960’s classic speedboats in operation today. Designed and built by Pearn of Looe, specially for short around the bay rides for up to 10 people. She is based in Weymouth Dorset and is offering a unique experience usually only available in the South of France, Italian lakes and Riviera. Trips along the Jurassic Coast as far as Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove, trips out to Portland Bill and in Weymouth Bay itself. Find out more below.
Is a highly qualified and experienced Skipper in various craft, inshore, offshore and trans ocean. Our aim is to make your trip enjoyable, exciting and memorable. Local knowledge of the Jurassic coastal surroundings will add to your experience making not only fun but informative too.
OUR TRIPS - Also see latest news (scroll down)
We offer a variety of experiences for up to 9 people: These include trips shown here or, why not have a charter tailored to what you wish to achieve; contact us for a discussion. Thunderbolt is also available for photo shoots to add some classic style to your event or or project. NOTE: all trips are subject to weather conditions on the day.
Day Skippered Charter (various destinations /locations Weymouth, Durdle Door/Lulworth Cove).
Picnic* and/0r Swimming trips part or full day (swimming not for the faint hearted).
*Picnic menu and prices on request
NOTE: one hour, 30 minute and 20 minute trips require 4 people or more.
Part Day Trips
Short experience trips in Weymouth Bay and Portland Harbour (25 Minutes).
Waterside Seafood Restaurant trip *(Portland Harbour).
Fantastic Seafood picnic (see details below 'Latest News) Crab,Lobster,Oysters, Prawns. Bubbly.
Afternoon/ evening charters (May to August return by Sunset).
Evening charter to waterside bar and restaurant.* (Portland Harbour - Note 6pm and return by sunset ).
* does not include cost of Picnic/ dining/restaurant
All charters/trips from Weymouth and include skipper and fuel cost.
- Per full day £750 (9am to 6pm)
- Half day £450 (9am to 2pm or 1pm to 6pm or alternative times and prices agreed)
- 1 Hour trip - Usually to Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove or to Portland Bill Lighthouse, £25 pp/£20 child (min 4 people)
- ‘Round the bay fast trip’ approx 20 minutes; £15 pp/£10 child (min 4 people)
- Longer 30 minute trip - Bay and Portland Coast; £20 pp/£15 child (min 4 people)
- Evening or lunchtime trip Portland harbour/restaurants/Marina round trip £15 pp or £120 max 9 people, evenings between 6 pm and 9 pm May to August only
- Picnic and swimming, full or half day charter or a trip tailored to your requirements - POA
NB Cards are not accepted; cash or bank transfers only.
To book either complete the online enquiry form at the foot of this page or give us a call on 07894917570.
Please read the booking conditions and prices carefully and do not make any payments until your booking is acknowledged and confirmed by email.
- All charters are subject to weather conditions at the time.
- 50% deposit required for all bookings; balance to be paid no later than 7 days prior to date of charter
- Please make payments to Sort Code 40-47-79 Acc No 74450159 and reference them "Tbolt" and your surname
- Bookings made within 7 days of a charter date; the full price is required at time of booking.
- Cancellations – within 14 days of charter date no deposit refund, within 7 days of charter date full price to be paid or alternative booking date offered in either case.
- Bad weather – in the event of bad weather/cancellation a full refund or alternative date will be offered. Notice of bad weather cancellation will be based on forecast conditions as early as possible and at least 24 hours prior to charter.
- Thunderbolt is MCA registered and coded to the required safety standards
- Instructions from the skipper must be adhered to at all times
- All passengers will be required to wear a lifejacket should conditions dictate and stipulated by the skipper.
- All passengers are required to remain seated throughout any trip unless at anchor or the skipper deems it safe to move around the boat.
- The Skipper has the right to refuse boarding to any person judged as unfit or unsafe to make the trip.
- Alcohol is not allowed on board without prior agreement
- Smoking is not permitted on-board; this may be relaxed for full or half day charters only.
Thats it folks for 2019. Look forward to seeing you at Easter 2020, when the weather ill be warm and the sun a big yellow duster polishing the blue blue sky!
Thank you too all who came on Thunderbolt in 2019.
All of our operations are weather and wind dependant. Durdle Door/Lulworth Cove trips are possible but only when conditions allow.
Please call to check for ALL trips
If /when conditions are too rough towards Lulworth we will operate in Weymouth Bay (20minute fast trips) or out along the Portland coast. (30 minutes cruise).
POSTED: 24th October 2019 23:25pm
Look out for us near the Lifting Bridge opposite the Kings Arms, or why not book using the form below or just give us a call!
Thunderbolt Classic Speedboat
By the town bridge opposite the Kings Arms
Tel: 07894 917570