2021-Exciting Classic Speed Boat Trips & Charter Book your trip now!
Thunderbolt is one of the last 1960’s classic speedboats in operation today. Designed and built by Pearn of Looe, specially for short around the bay rides for up to 10 people. She is based in Weymouth Dorset and is offering a unique experience usually only available in the South of France, Italian lakes and Riviera. Trips along the Jurassic Coast as far as Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove, trips out to Portland Bill and in Weymouth Bay itself where there are the occasional dolphins, seals and basking sharks. Thunderbolt is stylish, comfortable and can be fast or slow depending on the trip chosen. Find out more below.
Is a highly qualified and experienced Skipper in various craft, inshore, offshore and trans ocean. Our aim is to make your trip enjoyable, exciting and memorable. Local knowledge of the Jurassic coastal surroundings will add to your experience making not only fun but informative too.
See latest news(scroll down)
We offer a variety of experiences for up to 9 people: These include trips shown here or, why not have a charter tailored to what you wish to achieve; contact us for a discussion. Thunderbolt is also available for photo shoots to add some classic style to your event or or project. NOTE: all trips are subject to weather conditions on the day.
Day or part day Skippered Charter (various destinations /locations Weymouth, Durdle Door/Lulworth Cove).
Picnic* and/0r Swimming trips part or full day (swimming not for the faint hearted).
*Picnic menu and prices on request
NOTE: All trips require 4 people or more.
Part Day Trips
Short fast trips in Weymouth Bay and Portland Harbour (20 Minutes).
1 hour trips to Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove
1 hour sealife spotting trip (dolphins etc)
Waterside Seafood Restaurant trip *(Portland Harbour).
Fantastic Seafood picnic - Lobster, Oysters, Prawns. Bubbly. (prices on request)
Evening charter to waterside bar and restaurant.* (Portland Harbour - Note 6pm and return by sunset ).
Evening Cruises (see board at the boat location) Usually 1 hour
1 hour evening cruise - free glass of 'Fizz' and nibbles. (min 4 people) POA.
* does not include cost of Picnic/ dining/restaurant
All charters/trips from Weymouth and include skipper and fuel cost.
- Per full day £750 (9am to 5pm)
- Half day £450 (9am to 2pm or 1pm to 6pm or alternative times and prices agreed)
- 1 Hour trip - Usually to Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove or to Portland Bill Lighthouse, £30 pp/£25 child (min 4 people)
- Sealife trip - looking for dolphins, seals and sharks approx 1 hour (min 4 People) £30pp/£25 Child
- ‘Round the bay fast trip’ approx 20 minutes; £20 pp/£15 child (min 4 people)
- Longer 30 minute trip - Bay and Portland Coast; £25 pp/£20 child (min 4 people)
- Evening or lunchtime trip to Portland harbour/restaurants/Marina round trip £25 pp max 8 people, evenings between 6 pm and 9 pm May to August only
- Picnic and swimming, full or half day charter or a trip tailored to your requirements - POA
NB Cards are not currently accepted; cash or bank transfers only.
To book either complete the online enquiry form at the foot of this page or call on 07894917570.
Please read the booking conditions and prices carefully and do not make any payments until your booking is acknowledged and confirmed by email.
- All charters are subject to weather conditions at the time.
- 50% deposit required for all bookings; balance to be paid no later than 7 days prior to date of charter
- Please make payments to Sort Code 40-47-79 Acc No 74450159 and reference them "Tbolt" and your surname
- Bookings made within 7 days of a charter date; the full price is required at time of booking.
- Cancellations – within 14 days of charter date deposit refund, within 7 days of charter date full price to be paid or alternative booking date offered in either case.
- Bad weather – in the event of bad weather/cancellation a full refund or alternative date will be offered. Notice of bad weather cancellation will be based on forecast conditions as early as possible and at least 24 hours prior to charter.
- Thunderbolt is MCA registered and coded to the required safety standards
- Instructions from the skipper must be adhered to at all times
- All passengers will be required to wear a lifejacket should conditions dictate and stipulated by the skipper.
- All passengers are required to remain seated throughout any trip unless at anchor or the skipper deems it safe to move around the boat.
- The Skipper has the right to refuse boarding to any person judged as unfit or unsafe to make the trip.
- Alcohol is not allowed on board without prior agreement
- Smoking is not permitted on-board; this may be relaxed for full or half day charters only.
- Starting at 1030 5th June - all trips
- Saturday 5th June will be our last day operating until week commencing 21st June
- From then on we will be offering the full trip menu
POSTED: 4th June 2021 22:30 pm
Look out for us near the Lifting Bridge opposite the Kings Arms, or why not book using the form below or just give us a call!
Thunderbolt Classic Speedboat
Usually 1030am onwards
By the town bridge opposite the Kings Arms
Tel: 07894 917570