Boat Trips in Weymouth on Classic Speedboat Thunderbolt in the Bay and along the Jurassic Coast Book your trip now!
Thunderbolt is one of the last 1960’s classic speedboats in operation today. Designed and built by Pearn of Looe, specially for short around the bay rides for up to 9 people. Now in Weymouth Dorset offering a unique and more personal experience. Trips along the Jurassic Coast as far as Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove, trips out to Portland Bill and in Weymouth Bay itself where there are the occasional dolphins, seals and basking sharks. Thunderbolt is stylish, comfortable and can be fast or more relaxed depending on the trip chosen. Find out more below:
Is a highly qualified and experienced Skipper in various craft, inshore, offshore and trans ocean. Our aim is to make your trip enjoyable, exciting and memorable. Local knowledge of the Jurassic coastal surroundings will add to your experience making not only fun but informative too.
For latest Info, boat trip times and to book (scroll down to bottom)
Trips in Weymouth Bay and The Jurassic Coast for up to 9 people: These trips are shown here or, why not have a Speedboat trip tailored to what you wish to achieve; contact us for a discussion. Thunderbolt is also available for photo shoots to add some classic style to your event or or project. NOTE: all trips are subject to weather conditions on the day.
Day/Part Day Trips
Day or part day Skippered Charter (various destinations /locations Weymouth Bay, Durdle Door/Lulworth Cove).
Picnic* and/0r Swimming trips part or full day (swimming not for the faint hearted).
*Picnic menu and prices on request
NOTE: All trips require 4 people or more. (Unless whole boat booking)
Short fast trips in Weymouth Bay and Portland Harbour (20 Minutes).
1 1/4 hour + trips to Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove. Portland Bill
1 hour Weymouth Bay sealife spotting trip (dolphins etc)
Waterside Seafood Restaurant trip *(Portland Harbour).
Evening Cruises (see notice board at the boat location) Usually 1 hour July and August only
* does not include cost of Picnic/ dining/restaurant
All trips from Weymouth and include skipper and fuel cost.
- Per full day £750 (9am to 5pm)
- Half day £350 (9am to 2pm or 1pm to 6pm or alternative times and prices agreed)
- Weymouth to (1hr 15min) Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove or to Portland Bill Lighthouse, £30 pp/£25 child( 2-11yrs) (min 4 people)
- Weymouth Bay Sealife (1hr 15min) looking for dolphins, seals and sharks, (minimum 4 People) £30pp/£25 Child (2-11yrs) (min 4 people)
- ‘Round Weymouth Bay fast trip’ approx 20 minutes; £20 pp/£15 child (2-11yrs) (min 4 people)
- Weymouth Bay and Portland Coast; Longer trip 30mins £25 pp/£20 child (2-11yrs) (min 4 people)
- Vouchers - the value of the voucher may not match the current trip price (ie less) you may be asked to 'top up' to the current prices
- Evening or lunchtime trip from Weymouth to Portland harbour/restaurants/Marina round trip £25 pp max 8 people. Evenings between 6 pm and 9 pm May to August only
- Picnic and swimming trip, full or half day tailored to your requirements - POA
NB Cards are accepted; cash or bank transfers also available.
To book either complete the online enquiry form at the foot of this page or call/txt on 07894 917 570.
Please read the booking conditions and prices carefully and do not make any payments until your booking is acknowledged and confirmed by email.
- All speedboat trips are subject to weather conditions at the time.
- A deposit will be required for all advance bookings; balance to be paid no later than 7 days prior to date of charter
- Vouchers - the value and reference details will be required to make any booking
- Please make payments to Sort Code 40-47-79 Acc No 74450159 and reference them "Tbolt" and your surname
- Bookings made within 7 days of a charter date; the full price is required at time of booking.
- Cancellations – within 7 days of charter date deposit refund, within 24 hours of charter date full price to be paid or alternative booking date offered in either case.
- Bad weather – in the event of bad weather/cancellation a full refund or alternative date will be offered. Notice of bad weather cancellation will be based on forecast conditions as early as possible and at least 24 hours prior to charter.
- Thunderbolt is MCA registered and coded to the required safety standards
- Instructions from the skipper must be adhered to at all times
- All passengers will be required to wear a lifejacket should conditions dictate and stipulated by the skipper.
- All passengers are required to remain seated throughout any trip unless at anchor or the skipper deems it safe to move around the boat.
- The Skipper has the right to refuse boarding to any person judged as unfit or unsafe to make the trip.
- Alcohol is not allowed on board without prior agreement
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted on-board; this may be relaxed for full or half day charters only.
Thanks to all our customers 2022 and to those who might be thinking of 2023, we start again just before Easter.
Please use the booking portal below, or text/email/call. Available seats are taken up as the day progresses, so please call to ensure you get up to date with availability.
If there are three of you or less please inquire anyway as there is always the possibility of others joining in.
NOTE that trips must have 4 people as minimum (unless whole boat is chartered)
Posted: 13 Feb 2023
Look out for us near the Lifting Bridge opposite the Kings Arms, or why not book using the form below or just give us a call!
Thunderbolt Classic Speedboat
Usually 1030am onwards
By the town bridge opposite the Kings Arms
Tel: 07894 917570